Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil temp sender

Geoff C

Can anyone point me in the direction of the oil temp sender. I have been told its on the belltank but I cannot see it (my garage is rather dark though!)

Is it possible I dont have one or are they fitted as standard?

Car is a 98 SLR dry sumped

Thankyou!

Hoopy, The wiring I have fitted. Stupidly perhaps I started at the gauge end, fitting the switch and hoping to just run a wire out to the sender. It would now appear from Graham's post and a second look with a torch that I dont have one, just an area where one should be. Bollocks! 🙆🏻

Thanks for your help guys, back to the drawing board.

Hi,

I would only want to drill this hole if the bellhousing is off the car and you can ensure it is clean.

If you want to avoid drilling holes in bellhousing and dont have an apollo, DT and no doubt many other cheaper suppliers can provide an in-line fitting for the oil pipe - needs to be under pressure and you may wish to avoid two joints in a pressurised pipe which I would fully understand, but might be an option ?

I have mine at the bottom of the dry sump tank - not sure it is ideal as the oil has no doubt cooled a little, but at the end of the day it is giving an indication of when oil is warm enough to given the engine some beans and also on track if there are any problems

Best regards