Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Height of seat runners

MooSpeed

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone had the height of the seat runners to hand ? Length would be useful as well...

Been looking at the bottom of the bucket seats and I see that the "bum" bit sits lower than the mounting posts, was wondering how much above the floor this would end up being.

thanks *thumbup*

- Steve

MooSpeed

rough guess having taken them off and replaced with nylon spacers is about 20mm.

Length guess is 40cm.

If they are for a Tillet then I found I wanted to tilt the seat a lot. They come with some some disk spacers but not enough for my app, hence the the nylon ones.

My racing pics, 7 DIY, race prep. Updated often here

Photo's of the year here

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

Thanks for that. Yeah - these are for Tillets. I've got the thick black washers that go in the corner, I guess where the handle would be.

I'm also thinking that they'd need to tilt back a fair bit. Had ideas of making something up in wood to get the shape and size correct and then making the same out of aliminium bar. Hadn't thought of nylon spacers. Speaking to Tillet about this they reckon that as long as the home-made runner is flat to the seat base front to back then there won't be a problem, ie. the spacers are between the floor and the flat runner.

If you don't have the runners any more are you bolting through the floor ? Was considering this with the if the load is spread adequately. After all it's the harness that keeps you in rather than the seat...

- Steve

MooSpeed