Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T: Lego 8880 supercar kit from 1994

Mankee

Hello folks. This is a bit random, but I know there's a few closet Lego lovers on Blatchat, so I'd thought I'd try and flog my Lego Technic 8880 supercar kit here before I stick it on eBay.

It's from 1994, which was a few years after I started high school and stopped playing with Lego. The other half bought it for me for Christmas a few years ago, as I was hankering after a bit of nostalgia. It has sat on the shelf in it's built up state since then and I've now decided to let it go. Our little boy is still about a decade short of the recommended 11 to 16 years age bracket to construct and play with it! Although I would love to keep it and show him how a car works, as it has four-wheel drive, four-wheel steer, a V8 engine, working steering and a working gearbox with four gears. Oh and pop-up headlights.

Some reviews and links n things here:

http://brickset.com/sets/8880-1

I've only built the supercar once and it took me several hours today to dismantle it and bag up all the bits securely. Everything is there (as well as some spares I had to buy), including the box and instructions for both models, all in good nick. However, I think there is one sticker missing (the logo on the front bumper) and some of the white bits are a little yellow, which has to be expected after 20 years.

The car was a bit dusty from sitting on the shelf, but I gave everything a wipedown when I took it apart, hence taking so long to get it all boxed up.

Here are my pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jh8m8f3uu57r9tm/AAAfBlRSvfAGaC21sPEtJSV2a?dl=0

I'm after £80 including delivery to a club member who wants this rare and entertaining box of Lego Technic for their kids. Or themselves. *wink*