Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma 140 Cooling Diagram (inc heater)

cb4798

When I build mine in 2012 I had to cut up some of the supplied pipes to the right lengths to make things fit as what I was supplied with did not fit with what was needed.  This was early days of supersport 140.  I don't have any photos with me at the moment but may have when I get back in this evening.

if you are still having problems let me know and I will see what I can do.  If you want to BM me with any specific questions please feel free.

mark

Hi Chris,

When I built mine last year I had exactly the same problem. Manual didn't describe the 140 installation. I was told that this was being sorted out - clearly not! I ended up going to the factory to look at cars being assembled to figure it out.

PM me your email address and I'll send any photos you need. Or if you're local you're welcome to come around and have a look at my car ( Cranbrook Kent)

Cheers

Tom

So, I popped into Caterham South today and had a chat with a very helpful technician.

He answered all my question - the manual is so wrong it's pretty much unusable for this part of the build.

Caterham get it so right in many ways and so wrong in others!!

Have you got to the bit where you ask them what the extra washer bottle is for and they tell you it's the oil breather catch tank? Not in the manual.   All you have to do is work out where to fit it, how many holes to cut in the lid and how many pipes go into it (2).

Well, where would the fun be if it was all exactly as the manual!  *rofl*

Thanks Andy. I think i have it sorted now.

The route is as follows:

Rear of bulk head to heater,

Heater to modine,

Modine to t piece,

LHS of engine to t piece,

T piece to coolant bottle,

Coolant bottle to rear of bulkhead.

What could be simpler than an overhead picture of the installation in the build manual. 

A picture is better than a thousand words etc.....   When building my 125 there was an A4 picture of a completed engine bay of the 125 & 150. I found it easy to folllow. At the time the sigma had only been out about a year. The 140 has been around for a while now.

Right thats me posted some pictures of before the conversion (forgot i had these) and also pictures of what it looks like post conversion.  If anyone wants any more let me know - I didnt bother taking nosecone off but can do if required.

http://www.lotus7.club/blogs/caterham-supersport-140-engine-bay

Interestingly if you click this link it doesnt appear to show all the text...