Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Create a Private 'Club Matters' Forum

Mort

I would like to suggest the creation of an additional private forum, headed 'Club Matters' or something similar, in which internal matters relating specifically to the club can be discussed between members out of the public eye.

There have been a number of instances recently when contentious club matters have been discussed. Although such discussions are important there have been instances when I would have felt much more comfortable having them behind closed doors.  

A private forum might also be a useful tool for the Management Team to pass on information to the membership which is considered inappropriate for a public forum.

Nick

• 2 months later...

I've resurrected this thread as I never did get an answer about the viability of a private members' forum, and the thread was removed for some reason.

Other members clearly feel it would be a good idea, so can it be done?

I have run a Formula 1 forum for the past eight years and a 'members only' area has been essential. There are some things that I do not want the outside world to see such as discussions about future changes and ideas etc.

I value the opinion of my members (I wouldn't have a forum without them), therefore I run any major changes past them first to ensure I am not going to antagonise everyone. I treat the members area as a virtual board room where all members are welcome but their posts are beyond the prying eyes of Facebook, Twitter and even the almighty Google.

• 1 month later...

I did raise it at the MT meeting and I'm not sure a concensus was reached (I haven't had the minutes yet), however Shaun said it wouldn't be too difficult to implement as we have already done the members only bit on Techtalk, so we know it works *thumbup* 

• Support Team

This is one of those topics that doesn't have a consensus view. The decision to not have Techtalk members only was by a narrow margin. I suspect hiding all forums would not get the vote. A members only discussion forum is a good idea but there is a cost and time element to consider and at the moment there are other priorities.