Click here if you are having website access problems ×

X Flow shock adjustment

Terry Field

My X flow has done 18k on the original shocks without any adjustment. I have no reason to believe they are not working OK, but if possible I would like to check the set up during the imminent winter service. The only markings I can see on the shocks is 'Gas Spax' plus rudamentary adjustment instructions.

Can anyone advise how I go about checking that the settings are correct, and what the correct settings should be a) for road use and b) for track days

*confused*

Trying to get out of the garage

I'll start by stating that I'm not an expert in this (and will then go on to prove it).

IF the shocks are the type where you can use a screwdriver (or similar) to adjust the setting by (in my case) 14 "clicks" then I have been recommended . .

Road : Front = 0, Rear = 4

Track : Front = 9 or 10, Rear = 11

. . though I presume that this depends a lot on driver weight, springs, rim/tyres and whole load of other **** that definitely don't understand.

Dave

If they are working satisfactorily - leave well alone!

If you want to check that the adjusters haven't siezed and grease them up, be sure to count how many clicks they are adjusted to when you move the screw - so you can put them back the same afterwards 😬

There is no "correct" setting for road use. If the car handles the way you like, leave them alone. Shock absorbers can seize or leak, which should be obvious. They can go soft with wear, but that seems unlikely after only 18k miles.

*cool* 99,000 miles so far