Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Black pop rivets

Rob k

Caterham's carriage charge has got more reasonable. I complained to them about it the first time I felt I was being ripped off. As I hope many others did.

I have ordered some small stuff (fuel filter, bit fuel hose etc in a 6" sq box and that was £2.50.

A hose union I missed ordering cost £1 p&p on it's own. That is ok I think.

SBD seem have the high charges for p&p just now. A small fuel pressure gauge and alloy fitting cost ~£11.

That's what they quoted. They stood fast when I queried it. Anyway I wanted the parts so ordered.

When it arrived it was a reused box and the parts wrapped in newspaper! The must weigh all of

250 grams.

My racing pics, 7 DIY, race prep. Updated often here

Photo's of the year here

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

Edited by - stevefoster on 14 Jan 2003 08:27:20

w1scb, Steve. When you have drilled the correct size hole for the rivet, place the rivet in the hole and place a plain washer on the rivet before "setting" this way the load is spread over a greater area and the rivets are less likely to pull out of the wing, all this stuff could be on the good engineering practice thread, when it gets going, but wait, shock, horror, all those rivets adding weight, well take it or leave it, not safety critical. Someone will be along shortly to tell us about rivet "grip length", it ain't as easy as it seems, all this "just fit some stone guards", have fun, Nigel.

1982. 5 speed, clamshells. B.R.G / Ali. The True Colours.