Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Interior side panels

James-Seven

And when you refit them you can leave out the yards of gastly plsdtic piping. The edge of the interior trim sheet can be perfectly dressed to the curvature of the panel wrapping over the spaceframe tube. There is no real function to this strip other than to mask panel alignment and save hand dressing every interior trim sheet.

*looks neater. *eliminates grit trap. *saves weight. *reduces complexity.

Peter

• 3 months later...

Planning on removing the interior panels for a similar reason, simple question, when removing the rivets is there any issues with the remainer of the old rivet just ratling inside the frame, is there any way around this?

Pedro

Spray some Waxoil through the holes, that seems to hold the rivets. 

James, use the correct grade of rivet when refitting the panels. 

If you talk to the people at Arch Motors they will advise and be able to supply the correct component. 

The steel inner panels are steel for a reason, greater torsional stiffness, if you use ali rivets they will wear due to the very small vibrational movement, and your chassis will become flacid, and stiff is always appreciated over soft. 

Have fun. 

Regards, Nigel. 

I second the use of Waxoyl in the chassis - I replaced all my panels recently and I forgot to spray - rivet heads was all I could hear for the whole of the first run out!!

All sorted now after drilling out a couple of rivets again and spraying s**t loads of Waxoyl in the holes before replacing the rivets - job nipped.