Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New site: Cut and paste

Jonathan Kay

Why does this site have to be different from every other site I use where the normal cut and paste routine works without hitch?

When I go to C&P I get a message saying my browser settings don't permit the editor to automatically execute copying operations. It then says I should use some command control for that.

Seems another bug that needs to be sorted.

I've also put this into paragraphs but I gather there's a problem with that as well.

I'm thinking of giving up with this site for now as simple operations commonly available elsewhere seem to be a labour of love here. *curse*

Windows 7 Firefox. I can copy and paste URL for links and images just not plain  text for forum messages. I  haven't even bothered with using any device with iOS 8. It'd probably just lose the will to live not unlike me.

Also spell checker keeps reverting to American English after I've finished editing  for my next post even though I keep checking British English.

• Area Representative

Jonathan

My experience is that it isn't related to browser/OS. Lots of reports of "I tried it in this that or the other" is distracting and wasteful.

I've tried several combinations (see my notes on the carriage return thread) and they all fail.

My observation is that it is either - built into the Drupal module or - there are controls inside the module which are selectable and switched incorrectly.