Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Can We Have More Emoticons?

Mort

The original choice of emoticons was limited.  This was replaced with a much more comprehensive selection, which was much better.  It now seems that the second incarnation has been replaced with a more limited selection. Can we go back to the second incarnation?

• 2 months later...

This thread has been resurrected as I never did get a response, and the thread was removed from the forum.

The current emoticons are still problematic, and even when putting in spaces before and after they still appear at the beginning of the post for some reason.  I've had to rewrite posts four or five times because of this problem.

The second incarnation of emoticons never caused this to happen.  So maybe reestablishing them will cure the problem too.

• 1 month later...
  • Support Team

We can add as many emoticons as you want. We have decided to keep them simple (and small). If you find some that meet your desires and fit with the style of those we already use then send them over. Personally I think we have more than enough - the website allows you to link to emoticons from other sites so you effectively have a limitless palette to choose from.

I prefer not to use glossy emoticons, for me the whole point and the pleasure was the improvisation from ASCII characters.

But that's trivial compared to my dislike of thumbs-down or Dislike buttons. They encourage lazy polarisation when the least you should do is give a reason. Thumbs-up and Like are excellent sentiments.

Jonathan

Upward, downward, left and right arrows perhaps?  I'll have a look around for others.  

The main reason that I brought this up was because I don't remember having problems on my iPad with the second set of emoticons. Maybe this was imagined.