Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A great Crossflow for Sale - Unexpectedly back for sale at £10,995

Steve Wright

• Area Representative

One of our local members has had to give up Sevening after 24 wonderful years. He has reluctantly asked me to put up his Seven for sale. It has a great spec and is in super condition. If you are after a cracking Crossflow, you won't find a better one. Let me know if you are interested. Asking £11,950.

Here is the spec in Mike's own words:

• 1988 build Live Axle Short Cockpit Bench Seat Car with 4 point belts.
  • Clamshell wings with full bright red paint including rollbar.
  • Full classic hood (not high vis), full tonneau, luggage rack, wind deflectors, D bar, hood bag & other bits including build manual.
  • 50000 miles- serviced by James Whiting & then Chris Wheeler for many years. MOT until June 2015-All old MOTs held.
  • 1800cc Roger King built Ford X flow engine using South African thick wall block producing c. 160-165 bhp. Built 1992 & re-built in 1996. Gentle use since.
  • Quaife 4 speed straight cut close ratio gearbox- New clutch in 2011.
  • Quaife LSD.
  • 4-2-1 exhaust plus extra quiet box(spare).
  • Superlight 13’ wheels with Yokohama 021R 185/70/13 tyres, virtually new.
  • Flat floor set up + uprated springs.
  • FIA type rollbar made by Mick & Doug Arthur.
  • Electronic ignition & rev limiter (set at 7K).
  • Rebuilt suspension 2003.
  • Twin throttle return springs, ignition cut out & hidden immobiliser switch.
  • Fail safe engine mounts, oil catch tank, heater cut-off valve.
  • Relocated radiator, fan & cowling
  • Many track days over many years. Just one spin at Goodwood with no damage (only mishap was grass cuttings in the drivers underwear!!)

This is a lovely car in great condition that I have owned, loved & cherished for 24 years as a member of LSC. The history file is bulging. My health is now not great so the time has come to pass her on to another who can cherish & enjoy her as she deserves. She deserves a better life than sitting here under dust sheets!

Great spec and as a fellow crossflower I still love the look and sound of these torquey engines.

So many 'unfashionable' bits (engine; clamshells; short cockpit; live axle; superlights; 4 speed 'box) yet I'd make a strong case for every one. Over time, I'm convinced that crossflows will have added value too - it's a bit like the valve vs transistor argument on guitar amps.

Sorry to hear that Mike (sorry, don't know his second name) is selling and hope the car goes to someone who will appreciate it for the gem it appears to be.

Andy (1988 live axled crossflow too!).

Great spec and as a fellow crossflower I still love the look and sound of these torquey engines.

So many 'unfashionable' bits (engine; clamshells; short cockpit; live axle; superlights; 4 speed 'box) yet I'd make a strong case for every one. Over time, I'm convinced that crossflows will have added value too - it's a bit like the valve vs transistor argument on guitar amps.

Totally agree...not unfashionable at all...just a slowly maturing market i think *thumbup* Crossflow cars with clams are rising in value especially as old school Fords continuing to defy all trends in the 'young timer' market.

Now if that car was white it would be an awesome machine.... *yes*

Good luck with the sale - sounds like a wonderful car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...