Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Search facility

PL15 Lowflyer

• 1 month later...

It would certainly help. 
At the moment on the few occasions I had to try the search I've not found any of the known threads I was looking for *grumpy* .  Whether that's because I couldn't be bothered to browse though all the results which seem to be in random date order or becuase it's simply not finding some things that it should I don't know.

• 5 weeks later...

I've just posted the following in "Bugs" but I don't know how much attention is paid to that forum, so I'm posting here as well:

Like many others, I'm getting severely hacked off with the utterly useless search tool.  That, plus the loss of access to huge amounts of historical technical knowledge and advice (because the links didn't transcribe to the new BC), is causing me immense frustration.  My use of the L7C site is (and always has been) almost entirely restricted to BC TechTalk.  With busted links and a totally inadequate search tool, the value of the site to me diminishes by the day.  I fear that the value will have dropped so far by the time I'm due to renew membership in the New Year that I may decide to cut my losses altogether.

Back on 5 November (in "Bugs"), Shaun said "Like the email says, we know there are some issues with search. Right now number 1 priority is site performance. When that is adequate we'll look at improving search.

Search is one of the powerful aspects of the new site as it crosses all content types and during site development was working really well. The massive data migration would appear to have caused some issues which we'll look at as soon as we can"

Can someone please tell me what the current position is?

JV