Click here if you are having website access problems ×

"Recent post" entries not remotely related to most recent post.

AntonyH

On the forum front page you might see e.g.:

ScreenShot2014-10-07at16_26_30.png.509ce98e51a91e71b55f1a65338df2d0.png

...note the "recent post" in ChitChat is 13:06, by Lotus Boy, in the Strictly... thread. The above screenshot was taken at 16:26, btw.

Going in to ChitChat, and scrolling so the pinned topics are off the top of my 24" monitor, it turns out the 'Strictly' thread is way down the page and many other topics have been updated more recently:

ScreenShot2014-10-07at16_27_36.png.a291e8618e7d087ac0f28c33c36684e6.png

Is the original entry indicative just of "the most recent post in a thread I've commented on"? It's the only explanation I can think of, but then the "recent post" in other forums relates to topics in those areas on which I *haven't* commented, so this appears to be an inconsistent "user experience" (urg, sorry!) and gives the impression that nothing's happened since 13:06.

This should be changed; if I'm keen to know of updates to a thread I post on, I'll select to have email notifications - "recent post" should (IMHO) indicate the most recently updated topic, if it needs to be present at all.

Cheers!

http://www.lotus7.club/sites/all/libraries/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.png

Is the original entry indicative just of "the most recent post in a thread I've commented on"? It's the only explanation I can think of

Actually, can that, it clearly doesn't work like that either - just checked again and "Recent post" for this Bugs area lists a post in a topic I've not commented on, while I *have* commented on various Bugs topics, some more recently than the "Recent post" listed on the forum home page.

So the "Recent post" listing appears to be plain broken, sadly.

http://www.lotus7.club/sites/all/libraries/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/sad_smile.png

Anthony,

This is due to the way Caching is done on the site and the refresh time at present. I believe this is under review with the web development team. I know there is a meeting this week and I'm hioping to have updates to may of the bugs I've logged. This refresh time of the cache is one such item...