Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What does "joining" an area get you?

AntonyH

• Area Representative

I understand it simply puts your profile pick on that area page. Unfortunately if you are an AR it puts you in as an Area Administrator even if it's not your area. A bug request has been raised. 

• Area Representative
This not an urgent matter but I am puzzled by the pictures in Area pages. The larger picture is resized and cropped for use on the all areas page and the smaller just sits there as a smaller pic.Being perfectly square it might be more suitable for reuse in the all area pages.

• Area Representative

Furthermore I have asked the ARC about this. He does not know the answer either, yet. The logical implementation is to add you to the Area Mailing list.

Meanwhile, I will try to encourage members in the Ace Cafe group to add themselves (or their pictures/names) to the Area Page in my next mail out.

http://www.lotus7.club/sites/all/libraries/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/thumbs_up.png

I agree that the logical result of "joining" an area would be to be added to the mailing list; additionally I would suggest that notifications regarding e.g. newly-added area events could be sent to joined members, although there is a risk there of spamming members if events are repeatedly edited.

• Area Representative

I asked Shaun about this one at the weekend. It does do other things, but unfortunately I can't quite remember what. I do remember that it was a useful feature which was something along the lines of putting news items from that area into your profile. 

I'm sure it will all become obvious as we use the site more and the ARs start using the various features.