Click here if you are having website access problems ×

For Mav

F355GTS

Martin

Top job for putitng your head above the parapet and I'm hugely dissappointed to have to post something negative, however It strikes me that this platform will never be able to deliver the user experience that's wanted no matter how much money/ time is used.

Ist thing I'd suggest is turn Blatchat back on and have it live until there is an effective replacement ie something that does at least what Blatchat did.  I'd suggest the Club consider a paltform used by many other forums that is 'off the shelf' like vBulletin which is available for a negligable sum, has been in the field for years as a proven product and known by many people in terms of admin/ support etc

If the Club are really going to try and persevere with this format (a mistake IMHO) then the following suggestions from me;

Make it look as close to Blatchat/ other respected forums as possible

Blatmail/ private messaging system

Option to display an email address in profile

Get rid of the need to press control to go to next line

Post overview screen updated immediately

Display time of post

Sort the search feature so you can define where to search, who posted, and then get results in order date range etc. I wanted to help a member who posted a wanted ad for a 6 Speed box, I recall one beign for sale a few months ago but have zero hope of finding the thread as I'm presented with thousandsin random order

ability to embed image links in posts

Spellchecker

wot he says.

Well done Mav - your efforts will be appreciated, and as Mark says, well done for volenteering - I know you also have a very hectic job!

But I fear an uphill battle trying to 'make this fit'.

Everyone appreciates the efforts in creating the new website, which is great - but the forum has backfired.

Can I add - Blatchat was great because you could look at one screen and see 20-30 thread titles - on this one I see 6!!!!!! And that is on a big desktop screen.

Images - can we have asystem where you don't have to upload the image somewhere else first, and then link. Why not just upload direct from PC (like Facebook, RC Forums and many many others!!) - if I have this wrong, sorry!

You only need to look at our posting numbers Mav, to understand how important Blatchat was - its functionability was a huge part of it - if this forum stays as is/is mildly tweaked, and remains frustrating to use, the use it gets will drop dramaticaly, which is a huge shame.

It doesn't need to reflect the new website, which is a big improvment - but an admission that there has been a mistake with this one would be a start. Gradual fixes over an extended time may well not be enough.

Many many regular users have kept quiet about the whole subject for the time being, as they understand the efforts involved, the time etc - but that patience will rapidly run out - particulalry if the forum set-up etc was a professional, paid for, project...