Search box does not work as advertised

BBL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Ian - the screenshot helped as you can *just* make out words from the picture to use as search terms. 

I am am pretty sure that that post is no longer on the site - none of the phrases used in the email seem to be there and there is nothing listed in your postings that fit the bill.

it is possible that it was missing before the transfer to the new site or was moved but is not indexed (and so is effectively invisible.

I'll see if I can find it in the wayback machine. 

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Shaun Hi,

was just trying to find the BC film club thread, and knowing it had a post on Werner Herzog films I tried searching on Werner, then werner, both returned some hits but not the one required, then tried Werner Herzog, nil returns, "Werner Herzog" nil return,  and Werner AND Herzog, nil return,   Just to let you know there may still be some search bugs, 

cheers

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried to find Andy Wendlers recent post confirming 2015 trackdays using the search box.

Searched for Trackdays AND 2015 and although it brings up the discussion thread it doesn't show the latest one.

Something that doesn't instil confidence is Andy Wendler doesn't appear in the Authors list (unless I missed him as the list isn't in alphabetical order *rolleyes* ), but his discussion thread does appear in the results!

I now realise his thread was in the Trackdays forum and not chitchat, but that doesn't explain why it doesn't appear in the search results?