Click here if you are having website access problems ×

C260 CSR IN HELMSLEY. Nice yellow CSR260. I waited around for a few minutes for a chat but had to leave before you returned.

alanjg1

That was me - I was staying a few days in Helmsley (No 54 - great B&B!). If you saw me in the square then I had just arrived and had taken the dog for a walk, so was away for about an hour.

I chose some really good days for drivng around the Dales and Moors!

Steve

Yes, a lot of the roads are fantastic. I like the one going North from Helmsley to Pocklington(?) I managed a clear run yesterday with no traffic to overtake at all. The road from Masham to Leyburn also flows nicely. 

i did find a few road that challenged the bar under the gearbox though.... I will need to get the POR15 out....

Steve

The road north from Helmsley is the (in)famous Yorkshire TT, AKA B1257 to Great Broughton and Stokesley.

Do you take your dog in the 7? I assume you would need some sort of dog harness, would be interested to know as I've just bought a labrador pup.

Steve,

'i did find a few road that challenged the bar under the gearbox though'

I know what you mean. I bottomed mine out regularly on my previous CSR, especially on the Helmsley TT road that Ged mentioned.

On my current 2012 CSR, I notice Caterham came up with a 'fix' for that, they removed the bar.

I don't know if they added anything to compensate or just removed it.

Cheers