Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Championship Awards lunch - Sunday 23rd November

Matthew Willoughby

The club office will be taking bookings for the above from Tuesday 23rd September (please don't call before then). The lunch will be at the same venue as last year's awards do.

Swinfen Hall

Swinfen

Lichfield

Staffordshire

WS14 9RE

Arrival in the private bar from midday, to be seated for lunch for 12.45pm.

To book, please call the Lotus 7 Club office with your name, the names of any guests and the menu choices for each person. The cost will be £35 per person which we appreciate is quite expensive but the venue is great and the food was excellent last time. Payment should be made to the club by card over the phone (01873 777303) or by cheque. Please note that the office is open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. Final date for booking your place and give menu choices is Friday 7th November but please don't leave it to the last minute.

Menu choices

Please choose one from each course.

Starters:

• Peppered Smoked Mackerel with horseradish crème fraîche

• Terrine of Chicken & Wild Mushrooms with fruit chutney

• Tartlet of Leek & Gruyére Cheese with a rocket salad and mustard dressing

Mains:

• Pan-fried Fillet of Seabass with tomato fondue and tarragon cream sauce

• Slow Roast Shoulder of Lamb with a redcurrant jus

• Feuilleté of Walled Garden Vegetables with onion marmalade and lemon oil

Desserts:

• Meringue Nest of new Season Strawberries with crème Chantilly

• Apricot Torte with yoghurt sorbet

• Panna Cotta with raspberry compote and almond tuille

The meal will be followed by tea, coffee and petit fours.

If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know.

You will be able to purchase drinks at the bar before your meal, but there will be the option to order (and pay for) drinks at your table.

There is no specific dress code, but shirt and trousers are advised instead of jeans and a T-shirt.

LOL, not a problem, must be my taste that's strange as whilst i'll eat most thing's i've not yet seen a menu on awards lunch / dinner, which i've really looked forward to....

end up trying to come for the friends & banter rather than the food.......

But I know what a thankless task organising events like this are so don't worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Support Team

Mark

i was wondering if AB would mind a short diversion to pick me up for the lunch. It would certainly mean I could enjoy Andrew's very kind offer. And I could talk Alan through my last Anglesey2 lap which I think he would appreciate, don't you?

Rob

Rob - more than happy to pick you up and drop you home if I attend (waiting to hear on work commitments). We'll be visiting family though as well, so there won't be much room in the car. That should be fine - you aren't expecting to bring anything back from the awards lunch are you?  ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Can those that intend to come but have not yet booked please place your orders ASAP?  We currently do not have enough people coming for the lunch to be viable *weeping*

If you intend to come please call Sam and book ASAP, otherwise we will have to cancel as there is a minimum charge from the venue that we have to cover.  We need over 40 bookings and we currently have less than 30.  Thank you.

Oh don't worry Phillip - Wendy will have lots of company - there will be lots of other laddies in the corrner talking about shoes, hats and other assorted shopping "upgrades".

Remember whatever budget you are thinking of you have to double it.  So remember keep those "BUDGET" costs down *whistle*

D'ont  worry SImon, I can keep excessive expenditure secret but as a 140 " no power " I will be lobbying for restrictions of horsepower not for TB'S and Emeralds as my budgets are already blown on wheels/tyres/gearbox upgrades for this season!!