Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Suspension set-up : order of adjustments

danwhiley

Hello all,

Calling the techie experts (PC et al).

I now understand that a number of different adjustments can have different affects on the handling of my Seven. Tyre pressures, ARB stiffness, Rake Angle and Camber are just some of the adjustments that can be made. My question is - which should be adjusted and which should be left well alone (or maybe look for an optimal setting then leave well alone)? i.e. in the even of an understeering car, should I (here's where I get it wrong, but here goes):

- Increase front tyre pressure (rule of thiumb, I know - could be too high already)

- Decrease front ARB / increase rear ARB stiffness

- Increase the rear ride height

- check the camber is not too high?

How doe you go about all of this?

A very confused

Dan.

Don't know what you've got to adjust, all I've got is supersport suspension. Once I got used to pushing my car more I noticed a tendency to understeer. Given my limited range of options I was advised to adjust the rear ARB - make it stiffer by moving the bolts forward one notch - now one hole from the stiffest setting. It made a difference, I feel I've a much more neutral car now - and it's free!

i agree with jp's assessment. with 4 settings i too have moved to the 1 away from maximum firm, and understeer has radically declined, as smiles have radically increased 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬. i tried on setting 2 of 4 at brands in our SV, it was ok, but got sideway a fair old bit. moved it later in the day to setting 3 of 4, and woof it was a radical improvement.... *eek* *eek* *eek*

Steve

Metalic Black SV-VHPD *idea* click here to see our pictures....

Edited by - w1scb on 10 Jan 2003 14:22:26