Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Workshop Notices

John Vine

Workshop Notices (WNs) are internal Caterham publications aimed at production and service staff. They often deal with subjects of interest to owners. Over the years, I've made use of a few:

371 - fuel tank breather

373 - rollerbarrel set-up

460 - rear ARB and speed sensor bracket

515 - flexi-coil loom for Duratecs

572 - speed-sensor earthing

It seems a good idea if we could get CC to provide L7C access to their WN "library", so I asked James Gibson (Aftersales Manager) in Dartford:

There's been some discussion recently on BlatChat about the factory Workshop Notices, and how useful it would be to have access to them. Is there a central source somewhere that owners could access? If not, is it possible to gather a set of WNs together in some way, which maybe could then be uploaded to the L7C website?

His reply, in essence, was that it's something they're thinking about. He pointed out that WNs aren't intended for general release, but he could see the value of making them available.

Maybe we could take it further when we have the new website (and a TechWiki)? Does the club have a "technical information coordinator"?

JV

I think that they really should consider doing this. Often these type of documents are in relation to a fault in the design or particular assembly approach or a specific component. For factory built cars they will benefit from these improvements to the build process. For those doing self assembly - not so much.

I have had a problem with my mileometer since the build in 2010 and only recently heard from another member that this was a particular problem on certain cars and almost certainly will be rectified by Workshop Notice 572.

It would be great if Caterham could issue these notices to customers who have cars that are likely to be affected by these issues - but they would probably say that is an admin nightmare so the least they could do would be to make them readily available to search.

Thanks for making the effort to raise the issue with CC John.

Martin

• Support Team

For now I am the "technical information coordinator" for the new website 😬

I can add stuff like this to the "Guides" section of the new website which has lots of technical info on it. We will authorise some additional "technical authors" over time and I am keen to add WiKi functionality as soon as we can (a bit busy atm with getting the site live ).

If Caterham are happy for us to publish these then I will.

Quoting Shaun_E: 
I am keen to add WiKi functionality as soon as we can

A great idea. The easiest way of pooling info and updating it as and when.

Good luck sorting everything out!

Edited by - NedK on 19 Sep 2014 15:34:36

Quoting Shaun_E: 
For now I am the "technical information coordinator" for the new website 😬

I can add stuff like this to the "Guides" section of the new website which has lots of technical info on it. We will authorise some additional "technical authors" over time and I am keen to add WiKi functionality as soon as we can (a bit busy atm with getting the site live ).

If Caterham are happy for us to publish these then I will.

Thanks, Shaun *thumbup* *thumbup*. I'm happy to follow this up with CC unless you'd prefer to do it.

JV

• Support Team

Hi John - I'm more than happy for you to follow up with them. You could contact chairman Martin Bushaway as he has contact with Caterham and may be able to get approval. I would like something in writing to say we can use the documents and then just send me the docs with some background and I'll publish them.

I'm pretty sure there is a WiKi module in Drupal so once we've got the basics up and running we can look at that.