Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Set of 6" & 8" x 13" wheels for a 2002 DeDion

Krismuss

Caterham's own (former) wheels were KN Alloys, although I must admit Compomotives look similar to the new style wheel.

Has anyone made any useful comparison's between Caterham's former style 13" and current style 13" wheels - ie weight, materials, strength, offset etc? I'm sure there's probably a thread in Chitchat or Technical somewhere but I've not found it yet.

Caterham have had some good wheels in the past, - thinking of the early SLR split rims, then the Barnby mag split rims on the mk.1 R500 but I think that availability, supply, production drying up and cost fluctuations have forced their hand a few times to move on to new suppliers. Its a shame there isn't anything as good as the former R500 mag wheels on the current flagship model - as they were really light and a bit special back in the day.

13" CXRs do suit the seven - especially in black :) I'm happy with any 13" wheels really and am even working on refurbing an old set of 6" wide minilites/superlites in black with Yoko 048Rs for playing & track days (although 8" wide rears cosmetically always fill the arches best, but in my experience aren't needed on cars under 200hp).

I just wish that Caterham did a rear arch that was slightly slimmer to suit 6" wide rears - which look a bit lost in the standard rear wing, especially with the lo profile CR500s. I appreciate what they've done with the Seven160 to make wings that actually fit the standard wheels.