Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon seat

Klaus Loske

From your homepage:

"This page is my brain extender which I would like to use to communicate with the planet"

The simple genius of this intention is truly touching. There are many others on these forums who might take this statement in the wrong way. Not me

The seat looks like a copy of the Tillett product to me.

ttfn

Count, wondering whether to chew on the remnants of the end of my tongue or get on and swallow it.

Hi Graham,

the speedo cable was sent to a VDO dealer here in Germany not actually VDO itself.

But I guess that any workshop dealing with speedos (maybe for trucks) can shorten a speedo cable. Basically you just cut it and crimp a new sleeve to it. Of course you can also use the original cable. I ended up cutting off around 25cm from the original. It all depends where you have to locate the hall sensor in the bulkhead.

Klaus

1700+ X-flow

Combustion is not a secret

hi steve,

You are right, the cable and angle drive are quite heavy. But before I bought it, I put all components on the scale to compare. The good thing is that the new speedo has a plastic case and is therfore lighter then the old speedo with metal case. To compensate for the weight of the hall sensor, I figured if I shorten the speedo cable, the total weight of both systems would be equal.

In terms of friction losses, the hall sensor has slightly lower friction (measured on a special test bench) then the mechanical speedo. Therefore I gained some power from this modification.

Of course, the bike speedo is and unbeatable solution, except it looks s**t....

With respect to the seat runners, you are bloody right. Ther are heavy as hell compared to the seat. You can save some weight by bolting the runners straight to the floor and even leave out the reinforcement profiles on the bottom. Life is a compromise!

Klaus

1700+ X-flow

Combustion is not a secret

the handle "fatcat" does of course apply to the SV that I drive...and I drive an SV because I like the shape, not because my finely honed physique and chiseled features...Oh all right, maybe a few less beers and a little more exercise would be a good thing...