Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Battery for 2l zetec starter.

Nigel Riches

What battery sizes are fellow 7ers using to crank a 2l zetec motor?

Physical size that will sit in the battery tray can be no more than 10.5" (267mm) long x 5.125 (230mm) wide, but this length will be very close to the exhaust pipe.

Present battery is 235mm long, so there is some space, and the cca is 300 amp, res cap 52 amp. (endurant 125)

Need enough go to crank and fire, with Emerald ecu controlling the fuel and ignition.

Regards, Nigel.

Nigel,

Quite a few of us have been using the RMD25 altough the same battery by a different name can be found cheaper here

Also have a search on BC for 'RMD 25' or 'RMD25' and you'll see there are other options too.

For the record I also have a 2l Zetec blacktop and have had no trouble with the battery although it is kept on a trickle charger. These are sealed lead acid batteries and therefore can be laid on their side.

I have fitted mine by modifying a Banner battery tray and bolting it to the passenger footwell. Scroll down here for a few photos.

Since those photos I have converted to TBs and also run an Emerald K6 and I'm still using the same battery. Hopefully you can find something similar in NZ.

AFAIK these type of batteries are the same as those are commonly used in golf trollies/buggies and jump start packs

Edited by - Aeroscreens on 13 Sep 2014 13:00:48

Thanks Aeroscreens and Elie.

I'll use the battery I have as it's there, see how it goes and do some googling in case it's not up to scratch.

Had a good day in the garage wiring the new loom in, not finished just yet, as I ran out of heatshrink sleeving, but don't these projects drink up time.

Regards, Nigel.