Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Speedo Calibration code for cr500 175 13 all around

Hi does anyone have the right code for the speedo, mine comes with 038457 which worked well for the cr322 but not for the smaller cr500, car is a roadsport 125, 5 speed gearbox, standard bmw diff, standard ratios. Any help appreciated as I know how to change the speedo just not what value to put there.

Thanks

Only with a gps with a better refresh rate than my tom tom, the 0.2% sounds like my type of thing but would have to find a way to stop the infamous speedometer needle wobble first.

I was thinking more of the miles travelled than the speed -- that is, the comparison between the trip reading and the satnav recorded mileage after, say, 100 miles. My speedo over-reads by a pretty consistent 5% or so (without any wobble). If I really need to know my true speed (in an average-speed stretch, for example), I just put the satnav in speed-display mode.

JV

Good point, I might try a phone app to see if I get a better gps speed reading. How did you get rid of the speedometer wobble if you dont mind me asking? or is this as not a very frequent occurrence as I thought it was?

P

I've never suffered from needle wobble, and I don't know whether it's common or not.

But since 2008, I've had other truly bizarre speedo behaviour. In the end, CC offered a new speedo, which works perfectly. The latest fix for this problem appears to be CC's recommended solution (Workshop Notice 572) of moving the sensor earth, as described here.

JV

Quoting Jonathan Kay: 
Quoting John Vine: 
...(Workshop Notice 572)
Are these generally available?

Thanks

Jonathan

Good question. The ones I've obtained in the past have come either from other L7C members or CC themselves. I'm not aware of a central source of downloads. Maybe we should create a dedicated 7FAQ section for them? I'll ask James Gibson at the factory and report back.

If you want WN572, I can email it to you (I got my copy from Garry Hooton).

JV