Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Looking For a Type 9 Gearbox

jjsanz

Yes, hidden away in the depths of my garage. A type 9, new in 2009, receipt available, and I will guarantee that it has done less than 2,500 miles and is perfect. I have changed it for a modified BGH box now, so it is surplus to requirements.

As it is so new, and now out of production, I was thinking that around £600 would be fair? [No gearlever, as it was re-used on the BGH box currently in use].

Paul.

PS I see you are in Dorset, so assume your Spitfire owning friend is close by too, so not too far to Taunton to have a look.

Edited by - Paul Jacobs on 6 Sep 2014 10:59:21

Yes, sorry should have said. It came off a Duratec.

Sorry no number or anything, didn't know there were any, it is just a standard type 9, with Caterham ratios, in other words, originally derived from a V6 engined Crapi, with the bigger bearings and slightly uprated 1st gear. It was originally purchased fro Rally Design in 2009.

What engine is in the Spitfire? I've provisionally sold my K-series bellhousing and standard Caterham-spec box (as above, V6 ratios, long input shaft, HD layshaft bearing, 14mm cut off the input to enable fitment to 1600/1800 K-series cranks etc.), but if that falls through, I can give you a shout?