Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Thinwall Cable 0.5mm2 All Colours

revilla

Does anyone know anywhere that can supply standard Thinwall Automotive Cable in 0.5mm2 in all colour and tracer combinations? Rebuilding an engine loom, want to stick with standard colour coding. Colour combinations like Black/Purple, Black/Slate, Pink/Green are generally available in 1mm2 upwards but not 0.5mm2. Many suppliers stock just a few of the colour combinations required, but even shopping around I can only find about half of the ones I need.

I know I can "safely" use 1mm2 wherever 0.5mm2 is specified but (from experience) by the time you have wired about 50-60 of them to an ECU connector, the back of the connector won't go on as the cables are too fat!

I can compromise if I need to and use 1mm2 for those colours I can't find in 0.5mm2 but I'd like to do it "properly".

I'm looking for small cut quantities, not 100m reels.

I've already checked the usual suspects, including:

www.electricalcarservices.com

www.autosparks.co.uk

www.polevolt.co.uk

www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu

www.woodauto.com

www.simtekuk.co.uk

Thanks.

@tbird - Tim, thanks but again they only stock a limited range. They were actually one of those I had already checked but I accidentally missed them off my list in the original post. they don't do the colours I gave as examples ☹️

@Myles - Can't see what I'm looking for on their website, which says:

0.5mm - Brown, Black, Purple, White, Pink, Grey, Green, Blue, White+Black, Orange+Green, Orange, Orange+Red

1mm - Pink, Grey, Green, Blue

I'll give them a call though if you think they may stock more than this. Thanks for the lead.

Revilla - yes, sorry - although I've had bundles of wire from them/him in the past, he just replied to me :

My many-coloured stash was exhausted some years back so now we mostly have

only solid colours. Getting all the combos in small quantities is going to

be costly - someone like polevolt or vwp should be able to help him with things

that we don't have though.

Hi Elie, yes I guess it may have, then again it may not. The only loom that I know for sure would have them would be an EU3 Rover loom, but even then by the time I've chopped the old plugs off they would be on the edge of being a bit short. As I will be building a loom both for myself and for a friend I would really like to use new throughout. Last time I built one it just fitted the ECU plug using 1mm2 wire. I think if I use 0.5mm2 for colours where it is available and 1mm2 elsewhere it will be fine. Just would have been nice to use the correct spec throughout as I am a perfectionist!

@oldbutnotslow - I've checked again and unless I'm missing something, they only do the full range of colour and tracer combinations in 1mm2 upwards. In 0.5mm2 they only sell the basic standard colours without tracer.

Check out the "Select colour" drop down list under "Ref 11." here.

This seems to be what is commonly available from most sources.