Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Gaps under aero screen

Just trial fitted my new (bought used) aeroscreen and it seems to have a gap between it and the scuttle top on both sides. Not much but enough to let water pass through on the move for sure. Is this common or do I have a wonky scuttle?

• Area Representative

Surely, if it's wet, with an aeroscreen, any moisture that runs under the aero screen is the least of your issues?

I've found that the moisture over the top is much more of a issue than anything underneath the aeroscreen.....

My point was the gap really, not the potential water under it. I just don't like to see a gap.thanks titanium, will try that but may need thicker foam. *thumbup*

Do watch out (if you are a polisher) that you don't get grit under the seal - there's plenty of movement in the screen (or just twist in the scuttle) to scratch the paint over time.

Having just been hosed on the last two days of a Scottish tour, water under the screen definitely is the least of your worries...

My RiF aero fitted perfectly on the previous S3, however, when I transferred it to my new car there was a distinct gap under the passenger side. I later discovered that the wiper spindle had a tendency to pull the scuttle down when the nut was tightened. *mad*