Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Black rivets, size and supplier?

finmac

Quoting Jonathan Kay: 
52 hits in the archives, including this.

But someone might have a bag left over...

Jonathan

Jonathan

I know the archive is useful but...sometimes it is quicker and more simple to just ask the question and get a useful answer inside 1 hour compared to trawling through 52 threads in the archive, some of which are over 10 years old.

I suppose it depends on how much time one has to spare and how up to date the advice needs to be. *smile*

Malcolm

• Area Representative

Quoting finmac: 
Need to remove my rear arches for repaint, so need to drill out and re rivet the internal panels. Wondering what size rivets do I need to buy and a recommendation for a decent supplier?

Cheers!

Why do you need to remove internal panels? It's not necessary to remove rear wings. You will need some for stone guards.

Quoting Paul Richards: 
Quoting finmac: 
Need to remove my rear arches for repaint, so need to drill out and re rivet the internal panels. Wondering what size rivets do I need to buy and a recommendation for a decent supplier?

Cheers!

Why do you need to remove internal panels? It's not necessary to remove rear wings. You will need some for stone guards.

Would certainly be nice not to have to open up the internal panel, however I can't really see a way of getting to three of the securing bolts otherwise? (There are a couple in the boot which are obviously accessible both sides but the ones towards the front of the car are hidden)

Quoting Englishmaninwales: 
I know the archive is useful but...sometimes it is quicker and more simple to just ask the question and get a useful answer inside 1 hour compared to trawling through 52 threads in the archive, some of which are over 10 years old.

I suppose it depends on how much time one has to spare and how up to date the advice needs to be

It takes about a minute to search the archives and see if any Subjects look useful and open them: Possible future improvements to workflow and how the technical wiki will help.

Jonathan