Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack Temp sensors

Andrew Dent

Just got hold of a 2nd hand Stack ST8130 off an R500. The manual says to try the thing out of the car to find out how it all works. I agree with that. But before I send Stack £100 for their fancy sensors, does anyone know if the Caterham sensors will work with the Stack?

Andrew

4 wheels on my 7 *smile*

Andrew

you'll get the wrong readings of water and oil temp senders as the resistance is different, also the Oil pressure sender needs to be the VDO type as supplied by Stack!

BTW Caterham sell them for the same price as Stack

Mark

I've got VDO sensors on my Motec dash. The sensors were 35 quid a shout from the guy who supplied the motec, Steve at GWR Motorsport in Swindon, 01793 527373, top bloke. I naively thought the stack sensors must be something special as they charge 3 times this.

Blatant motec plug again...... of course with the motec you can use any sensor and if you can be bothered enter a calibration curve yourself. I borrowed a £5k calibrator from work and did the 2 temps and 2 pressures to relieve a cold boring evening last winter. Made about 2 degs and nearly 5 psi difference though.

• Support Team

Stack oil temperature sensor is £50 compared with about £7 for the Caterham one. Sadly the Caterham one won't work with the Stack. Don't know the cost for the others though.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32