Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bolts for rollcage - spec and source?

Myles

As per my other thread, I need four (I think) 7/16 UNF bolts (ideally cap-head) for the front mounts of a cage I just bought s/h.

Cc parts are listing them as out of stock (1.5 inch length) and I've so far been unable to find anyone that sells them on the web (e.g. Namrick -where I used to get my bolts and fasteners from)

'Obviously' (only sprang to mind when I started typing...), I'll give Redline a call - but what spec of (presumably stainless) do I need for this sheer-loading application - and are there any other suppliers you know of that stock upto 1.5 inch lengths?

• Support Team

Definitely NOT stainless. High tensile steel bolts should be used: 8.8, 10.9 or 12.9. I'm pretty sure that all the rollcage fasteners on my car are 8.8.

I always used to use Apex Fasteners in Slough when I lived there - they don't have a website but you can call them.

Namrick have both Hex and Cap head in 7/16" x 1.5 inch

http://www.namrick.co.uk/acatalog/U.N.F._Socket_Cap_Screws.html

http://www.namrick.co.uk/acatalog/Home_U_N_F__HT_Hex_Head_Bolts_18.html

I use Orbital Fasteners in Watford. here

You need to search for 'fasteners' to see if there is a trade counter near you for other companies.

For more esoteric stuff ( I use left handed nuts for one application, non car related) I use Stig Bolts, aka A2Stainless here: Stig Bolts

Thanks all - I was starting to wonder whether my fixation on stainless was sensible.

Redline are sending me something but I'll probably get a couple of options from the likes of Namrick as I hate starting a job and then finding I've got *almost* what I need.