Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series CAM Covers

V7 SLR

I don't seem to be able to post a reply to Julian's cam cover thread but I was just able to post a reply to a thread elsewhere, so I'm trying a new tack...

[quoting message I tried to write previously] Mmm... how much do I wish I'd had the cam timing holes included now? Bugger. That really looks superb.

Still, they look absolutely fantastic. I am bursting with anticipation. *thumbup*

Ju, can you let me know where you got the little clamps from for your splitter? I need a larger variety for another application. Thanks.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Nige -

I take it from your post that the Royal Mail "24" hour service paid for yesterday has in fact now turned into "We'll charge you for 24hr but actually deliver it in 48hr service" then. ☹️

If you don't get your cam cover tomorrow then ring me and I'll chase them up. 01625 261581.

Regarding the brackets, you'd never guess in a million years that they were designed for use holding on those big bar extensions that they have on racing push cycle handlebars! Let me know if you want a set - the downside is that even though I'm best mates with a man who owns a bike shop they're not too cheap at £25 a set even after discount! (including a set of bars you'll not use!!!!!)

Try your local cycle shop.

No no no no the Royal Mail delivered OK. I'd asked for it to be sent to my parents' place so they can receive the delivery, and I picked it up last night... SUCH EXCELLENCE. I'm really chuffed and can't wait to screw it in place on the engine now. *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

I think, at 25 quid, the clamps are a little too expensive. Thanks. 😬

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Totally distraught at the moment. Gas man's been round to service the boiler. Left my parents in charge as I had a meeting this morning. I forgot to clear the area around the boiler and in doing so, the gas man has dropped my cam cover. My parents are not "qualified" to assess the damage, i.e. they don't know what they're looking for.

I won't be home until after 9pm tonight. I don't think I'll be able to concentrate all day. ☹️

Thanks.

Trying to remain objective... it's a hard piece of ali, so apart from the possibility of a scratch or a minor dent at one corner, it ought to be alright.

It's just irritating because I have this theory that I'm unable to keep a nice new "anything" nice and new for long. It's been a long-standing observation and leaves me exasperated enough to cry sometimes.

I'll let you know.

It's a bugger isn't it? Happens to me with shoes, clothes, shiney "detail" parts for the car, my paintwork (I scratched it while building the car from new). ☹️

Anyway, looks like I've got away with it this time.