Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Immobiliser killed my car-at pub... Where is the fix please?

It just died mid blat. Now it won't do anything when I press the start button-this usually makes the red light flash quickly then you can mobilise the car.

Right now, nothing happens when I press the start button. My stack dash rev needle is stuck at 4k, engine is off but the immobiliser red light is blipping away.

I know there is a way to bypass the immobiliser as it happened to friend of mines r300d...

Quoting Roadsport06: 
Any luck with that?
nah, nothing.

Called the RAC.

Will upload the video of it breaking down when I eventually get home ☹️

Quoting Shoestring: 
This may not help much but...

An immobiliser only stops the car starting. If the engine stopped running the problem lies elsewhere.

not quite true, if it's gone faulty it could have caused the fuel pump to have stopped...

Nope still waiting for them.

The car literally died.,, but...

The horn works. I've a 12v master switch and that doesn't reset anything when I switch it off and on again. The inertia switch wasn't triggered. The stack dash needle got stuck at the time of death at 4k rpm and is still there, but the immobiliser red light is flashing slowly as it normally would. However, when you press the start button, nothing happens. No lights work either.

Edited by - Roadracer1977 on 2 Aug 2014 22:48:23

Glad you found the reason but it seems strange a short with the indicators would knock out the engine electrics, I would have thought they would have been on there own circuit. *confused*

Also might be worth checking with caterham but I read somewhere that the 10amp fuse that blew (fuel pump fuse??) needs to be replaced with a larger one to stop nuisance failure.