Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight 150 for sale

smemly

Hi All,

Sad times, I have only had this car for about 5 months and loved every minute of ownership but I’ve come to realise that it is the root cause of a reoccurrence of an old back injury i had about 10 years ago.

I've persevered over the last couple of months in the vain hope that it is just a coincidence but it's not appearing that way.

Anyway, enough of my sob story, reluctantly for sale is my 2009 Series 3 Caterham Superlight 150 – 1.6 ford sigma.

Just over 8000 miles ,

6 speed gearbox,

Limited Slip Diff,

Leather seats,

Lowered driver and passenger floor,

Quick release steering wheel,

Heater,

Carbon dash,

Push button start,

Front Widetrack Suspension,

Uprated Brakes,

Full weather gear

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh185/smemly/Caterham/IMG_0849_zpsa677e2fb.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh185/smemly/Caterham/IMG_0851_zps37d7e54a.jpg

I am looking for £22,500 for it.

I can be contacted on either my mobile: 07473072043 or by email

leeclack@btinternet.com

Edited by - smemly on 29 Jul 2014 13:25:38

Just echoing Roger's point, I have a bag seat in my car and although it doesn't look the best (they can be made to look lovely, for a price) it is the most comfortable seat that I've got in any car, as it fits me perfectly. Absolutely everything is supported.

You can make your own to check for about £40, but read the canoe story first, for laughs more than anything else.

Jez

Hi Smemly, solid advice above. I also have back issue and couldn't get on with leather seat for more than 20mins. Strangely/contrary to my expectation Tillet was more comfortable but best is a bead seat. 2pack foam is good for trial test at £40 and will last for ~1yr before shrinkage etc means it changes shape. Permanent solution is a bead seat kit is >£100. It will take about 4 hrs to do and will need the help of someone with reasonable patience! We'll worth the effort and will hopefully allow you to enjoy the car. Good-luck with the trial (car looks great) or sale depending on your chosen path, Rod

Thanks for the advise guys. It's definitely worth a look to see what I can fit into.

Alan, if it's ok, I'd like to take you up on the offer of trialling your seat.

Anyone know if there is a wider than normal tillett seat that I can look at using?

For now, I will say the car is no longer for sale :)

• Area Representative

I have the same problem, can't sit in the leather seats but travel thousands of miles with the old style bench seats and a McKensie D roll.

May not look as smart but no problem with the back

Ditto 😬 The McKenzie roll used to see service in the daily driver too, before adjustable lumbar support arrived. The nice thing about the old bench seats is the softness of the foam core. I miss that combo in many ways - as well as being very light it's easily removed for drying out after a drenching, picking out gravel, or to carry a huge drum of diesel for the Le Mans campsite generator 😳

When I rebuilt the car I put in a nice pair of pre S Type leather seats bought on here, which are heavy, fiddly to take out, hopeless for carrying diesel but very comfortable. I tried a pair of the current S Type seats first and my back didn't get on with them at all.

Definitely worth trying some alternatives before giving up on the car *thumbup*

Cruds