Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wipers acting up

BlueAndWhiteClassic

Fine on fast wipe. On slow they move a bit - stop - move a bit more - stop. To a mechanical nitwit like me it seems like a loose connection could be to blame. Any ideas - and how to recognize the right connector? Grateful for any ideas, advice. *confused* PS.. my car is a K-series S3.

Edited by - blueandwhiteclassic on 27 Jul 2014 11:22:46

Too many possibilities.

1 Are you sure about not having intermittent wiping... on mine it works by switching them on and then off again quickly...

2 Are they stopping at a particular point in their travel? Does the stopping always occur? Does flipping the wipers forward so there is no drag on the glass affect that behaviour?

Jonathan

Edited by - Jonathan Kay on 2 Aug 2014 13:00:52

Do they self park having been set at either speed? At either speed, when switched off, they should go to self-park at 'slow', even if they've been running fast.

Edited to add, depending on the answer to the above, we might be able to establish whether it's the switch or the motor.

This link has a lot (maybe too much) info there.

Edited by - Paul Deslandes on 2 Aug 2014 11:27:10

Is there a convenient point to read get a meter on the feed from the switch to the motor and the feed that supports the self-parking, see above? If there is it would be helpful to check if the voltage is dropping on either when the wipers stop.

Jonathan

Edited by - Jonathan Kay on 2 Aug 2014 13:05:51