Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series VVC 160 Block / Bottom End

revilla

Following the mess I found in this thread ...

I'm on the lookout for a block, or preferably full bottom end for a K Series VVC 160. I'll be doing a complete strip and rebuild, using most of the parts from my original engine plus new bearings and gaskets on a used replacement block.

To be honest I'm not looking to pay a lot as they can be had fairly cheaply on eBay and provided they've not been cooked, an old block should be nearly as good as a new one. Having done a full restoration and rebuild and the conversion from MG ZR to Caterham on a spare engine (which is now powering the car nicely while I rebuild the original) I'm happy to do all the conversion work myself, however I just wondered if anyone on here had anything lying around? I would prefer to buy something from another club member which may have a bit more of a known history than a random eBay special.

If a complete bottom end (which I would prefer, as it would give me the opportuniy to check liner heights etc. before purchasing) it would need to be the full 160 model with the 160 pistons and conrods.

If anyone has anything please let me know, otherwise I'll go the eBay / scrappy route.

Thanks.

I've got a spare block taking up space in the garage; it came with loads of spares when I bought the car. IIRC it was "standard", so I don't know if it'd be any use to you.

I think there's actually a VVC head as well as a standard head, and a standard crank sat next to the block as well.

You're very welcome to come and have a look if you like - I'm in Thorpe Astley, Leicester (just off M1J21), so but a very short blat down the road.

Cheers,

Ben