Click here if you are having website access problems ×

IACV numpty question

AntR

So where is the IACv on a 1.8K with jenvey throttle bodies and emerald? Do I have one? All I can find is some kind of sensor attached to a plate underneath the throttle bodies to the left of the throttle cable.

Help much appreciated thanks.

You won't have an IACV with Jenveys as the idle control will be done in the mapping. I think the old VHPD/KV6 bodies did have some sort of idle contrl valve though.

Have you got a picture of the sensor attached to a plate? This could be an inlet air temperature sensor, which is quite likely green.

Thanks. Thats one potential problem out of the way. The sensor is black, but given its position which is the plate where the airbox attaches to, it could be a temp sensor I guess.

Reason for asking is I've been having erratic idling and hot restart problems. Had a trackday today and after a session, leaving the car for 20-30mins and then restarting, the idle would gradualy drop to 500rpm and then stall. However, after a session, parking up and leaving it to idle, it was stable at 1100 rpm which is fairly normal.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt it is running in closed loop on the Emerald at idle so the lambda sensor will have no effect.

I you may have a problem with the throttle position sensor or air temp sensor, it probably just needs a small adjustment to the fuelling and / or throttle stop.

Oily

Thanks Dave. I have tweaked the idle and fueling a bit, which seems to have helped. The problem might be related to a newer tps that I fitted recently (I did the calibration, so it should be ok). If it's still a problem, I might change the tps back.