Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

My Supersport Wont Start !

Anthony Micallef

I charged my battery and put it back in the car. I turn the ignition on and can hear the fuel pump whirr into life. However when I push the starter button all I get is a loud and fast clicking sound, the engine doesn't attempt to turn over ☹️. Does it sound like the starter has gone?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The Happy 7 Owner 😬 😬 😬

I had exactly the same thing. Despite the battery appearing to be charged, it was in fact knackered (dead cell) and was unable to deliver enough juice to the starter for it to engage. Try jumping from another battery to verify.

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell of Su77on Se7ens

Get the battery tested, it may not be a dud battery. If you turn the key & you get a single click then you may have the infamous K series starter problem. There is an easy fix for this. Do a search in the archives as the fix has been well explained in other threads.

Mick

Anthony

Sounds like a lack of power to the starter. Possibly bad connections or knackered / not fully charged battey,

Try a set of Jump leads first,

if that works then you may need a new battery or it needs charging some more.

If it doesn't, connect one Jump lead from the negative terminal to somewhere on the engine. If it starts check the Body to Engine earth connection.

If that doesn't work turn the ignition off, connect one jump lead to the large nut (not the one the big red wire goes to!!) on the back of the starter solenoid that has the wire going into the actual starter body, connect the other end to the live terminal of the battery, the starter should spin but not turn the engine.

If it does check the battery to starter red wire (may go via the battery master switch if you have one).

If it doesn't then try another/ replacing the starter.

Mark