Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wheel refurbishment

BadBob

So, after 6 years the wheels of my Caterham are starting to look more than a bit tired with flaking powder coating and some corrosion setting in. Would I be right in assuming that the best way forward will be to get them stripped (shot blasted?) and re-coated? Are there any alternatives (they are too far gone to simply touch-up)? Can anyone recommend anywhere in or near Leeds that might be able to help me at a reasonable cost?

Apologies if this is an FAQ, I've done some searching and not found much. Thanks for any advice.

Bob.

I looked in to having my focus wheels refurbed via various companys but i eventualy went with these people. there spot on 18 months later the wheels looked great when i sold the car in fact the guy who bought it could`nt belive the wheels wre the originals.

They do the full works on the wheels and do a drop off or leave the car service.

They will be doing both my 13 and 14 inch wheels this winter. Only draw back is they only deal in cash.

Edited by - tweeky on 16 Jul 2014 12:53:43

Badbob

KM powder coatings

in Featherstone. Tested them out recently with Wingstays and Light brackets and did a very nice job. Had some finished alloys waiting for collection and looked good. £30 a corner all way up to 19" rims (and believe that will include removing and replacing tyres). Best days to deliver are Monday or Wednesday as they tend to fire t'oven 😬Tuesday and Thursday. Open Saturday morning for collections too *thumbup*

Sorry didn't make myself clear. They had some wheels awaiting collection. They've not had any of mine yet. I've also seen results from the Barnsley Mob and very, very good but hard to justify on a set of wheels you could buy in fine fettle for similar money.

Thanks all,

£30 a corner sounds more like my kind of price too, does that include blasting the old coating? If others are planning wheel refurb this autumn maybe a bulk buy would secure further discounts?