Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series crankshaft Pulley

scooby dooby doo

😬 - thought it might.

i may be being thick here - but doesn't something need modifying on the crank to make it caterhamable 🤔 I thought it was the crank pulley fitting or am I speaking rubbish 🤔

assuming the above isn't a problem can you lob it on the post to me please 🤔

Stick the value on my tab - I still owe you 60 quid - sit on me until i pay up next time i see you *wink*

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

Wrong end of the crank - it's needs an adapter to mate it up to the ford gearbox input shaft.

Do you need it before next weekend, cos I'll add it to the list of bits heading to the Autosport show if you don't?

Miraz

ah, ho hum...

this adapter to the input shaft - how does that work 🤔

at the moment the balancing people have the bottom end but today i've found out that the crank needs modding to fit the gearbox and the pulley needs modding to fit the dry sump pump pulley....

The idea was to get the balancing man to do his stuff so i could collect on the way back from the autosport show. this appears to be impossible with the other mods required...

I'm waiting to hear bvack from hiom to see if he''s happy to machine the pulley. If so he can probably do the crank as well in which case everything is pretty much happy and I'll collect the pulley at the autosport show and send everything to him.

if he's not it gets awkward.

ho-hum...

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

the pace pulley fits to the std pulley after a bit of modification in a lathe (apparentally)

Geoff - how does the ford spigot fit in? does it bolt in or need machining first? where do i source one? ford dealer?

we could do this over the phone but my mobile is dead and it being instructive to other silly people like me *smile* *confused*

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

Ah,this is news to me too! *confused*

I thought the K series engine was a straight fit!

I seem to recall the gearbox input shafts need to be a little shorter than standard Ford issue but as I have a Caterham 6 speed box and Caterham bellhousing I assumed it was just a bolt it together type of job ☹️

Please don't tell me I have to spend MORE money on it

(we need a cash register emoticon or a bar of Gold)