Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Slicks - pressures?

Ivaan

Mmm I would say anywhere between 15 to 20 hot but you need to experiment and see how they feel and work at different pressures front and rear.

Its different for a heavy person than a light person.

The ambient temperature and temperature of the track surface will have a significant bearing as well

You need to have a play around and see what suits your driving style, bhp and car setup. When I used 16/53-13s on 6J rims all round, I used 18psi front and 16 psi rear when hot. The rear still suffered from oversteer, even though they got hotter to touch than the fronts.

That's because you've not got enough pressure in them 😬

I would never dream of running any tyre on a lightweight seven less than 20psi, Castrada is more or less spot on specific but I do not expect your notice much difference between 20-22. However either side and your out of its best performance range.

Edited by - Pendennis on 22 Jun 2014 18:55:58

Thanks guys.

The tyre fitter though 26psi when hot, which seemed high to me as I run at 16psi ( cold ) on the road ( Toyo R888s )

I'm a bit concerned that the extra grip could effect the Ital live axle??

The R1 weighs in at around 480 kgs with me in the car and a tank of fuel, with approx 160 bhp. Not huge torque on the BEC though.