Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight Aeroscreen mounting

Brad Tipp

For a few years now I've been switching between a regular screen and the Aeroscreen for trackdays.

It's always been a pain to change them over as the Aeroscreen is on 5 screws that are difficult to get at. Added to this I would rather be able to take the Areoscreen with me and swap it at the curcuit, so as to avoid driving round the M25 with a Crash Helmet on!!

Anyway over the holls I've been looking for a better solution. One option seems to be that I could mount the Areoscreen on the same mounting cross brace that the Brooklands Screen uses. That way I would only have to undo 4 bolts and disconnect the heated screen connectors.

Has anyone done this or have any alternate suggestions that might make this year easier for me?

T 1 PPB - Superlight

"Well yes officer I'm not arguing, it's just that [insert excuse here]..."

try the new caterham aeroscreen

bolts into the screen fitting and fasteners in the centre

5 min job

a bit tricky to carry with you, well protected in the passenger foot well!

cheapest performance modification if the claims are true?

the not so light Superlight

K16, do you have a pic of this? Is this a new type of Aeroscreen? I don't want to have to buy another unless it is as easy to swap over as you say.

T 1 PPB - Superlight

"Well yes officer I'm not arguing, it's just that [insert excuse here]..."

or just do trackdays with no screen at all. just bolting the screen back on doesn't take too long. I did this for a few months until my aeroscreen arrived and now use it full time. I only use the helmet when its REALLY wet - 5 times so far - to my parents and back either side of christmas being the most recent...

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

yes this is the new Caterham aeroscreen

available in composite or carbon fibre

fixing is by the two bolts (forward bolts on the stantions) and by the central popper used for the tonneau

central section also used to mount mirror

I don't have photos of mine however you can see

photos on 'Get Carter' web site

the not so light Superlight

Edited by - K16 TOY on 3 Jan 2003 20:23:40

I have always wondered if you could make a home made (bodge if it was me *eek*) version, by mounting some sort of metal braket from the outer lugs (of the aeroscreen) down to the hole for the stanchion...

the other option id to just use sticky pads, if you get decent ones they should keep the aersocreen attached, I think daren ball ran this way for the listers euro2001 tour 🤔

I reckon it only takes me 15-30 minutes to change for screen to aero, I only use 3 bolts for the aero (the middle ones) and sticky pads for the outer ones BTW

rob *smile*

Rob, I attach my screen exactly as you have described, using only the 3 centre bolts. I also took your advice and stuck the centre mirror to the scuttle, but what do you do for side mirrors?

I thought about attaching some to the ends of the aeroscreen, but since it isn't bolted to the car at the outer-edges, I figured the side mirrors would flap about in the wind. How have you attached yours?

C7 GAR