Click here if you are having website access problems ×

WTD : Pair of windscreen wipers

Caterham have run out of new wipers and I can't find them anywhere. Need a pair of wipers. I've got the arms, I just need the bits which connect to the wiper arms. Mine have rusted at the pivot point and were launched into orbit last time out.

Anyone got a pair that are in one piece?

Caterham blades are shortened Land Rover blades, part numbers PRC1330 / PRC1330F (Superseded By LR009343). You can get these from loads of places. I just bought some from here for £1.59 (MUCH cheaper than Caterham)!

Takes 30 seconds to cut them down to length. I only know the measurements for an SV windscreen but just put them alongside your old blades and mark where to cut. To avoid "squashing" them and distorting the rubber, cut the rubber first with a craft knife then slice the metal off carefully with a cutting wheel on a Dremel or similar. Don't apply too much pressure, just let the cutting wheel do it's thing.

Edited by - revilla on 4 Jun 2014 14:50:50

So the wipers have turned up and they are too big. I also can't cut them down because smallest I can make them is still too big.

I need 7" wiper blades - the ones I have bought are 10" and the smalles I can make them is about 9".

So I now have 2 pairs of wipers for sale :(

Any more ideas chaps?

Have they sent you the sprung ones for a curved screen? You need the flat ones - I'm pretty sure the part numbers PRC1330 / PRC1330F / LR009343 I gave you were correct - and you can cut these right down to about 2" if you need to!

LR009343 are the wrong wipers - these are the sprung type :

See here and Here

I'll speak with LR Parts and see if they will take them back and swap them with the ones in the picture.

Edited by - Barkalarr on 10 Jun 2014 09:31:52

Mmmm there seems to be some inconsistency in the use of part numbers ...

here, here, here and here for example

all list the flat blades under part number LR009343, whereas

here, here, here and here for example

all list curved blades under the same part number, and not all of those are to the same design, some being a simple curved spine and others being a compound design with multiple sprung sections!

I think some places are listing parts which may be used on Land Rover installations in place of the original part under the original part number, even though they are of a quite different design and not suitable for use in non-Land Rover installations.

Sorry if my part numbers caused any confusion - but the parts I ordered were listed under those numbers and came back correct.

Edited by - revilla on 10 Jun 2014 09:49:23

Revilla - it's no biggie... I phoned them and they recognise the problem and said just send them back and they'll get it sorted. They even said they would reimburse my post.