Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham R500 build - Friday is the day

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For comparison purposes only, the first picture is of the original supplied 620R harnesses. I specifically wanted these as I really liked the buckle, and also wanted the font of the Caterham wording to be the same as that on the side of the car (some people call this OCD - I prefer to think of it as attention to detail :-)).
If you want real attention to detail, I think you mean typeface rather than font...

;-)

Looks great, have fun.

Jonathan

Quoting Grant_7: 
Fantastic *thumbup*

I'm sure you're like a kid on Christmas Eve... 😬

Enjoy tomorrow and remember...we need videos *cool*

Oh yes! Very much looking forward to this time tomorrow... Don't worry... 2x HD Hero 3's charging right now 😬

It is exciting. *biggrin* Nearly seven years ago I was waiting for my home built one to be be checked over at Dartford & SVA'd. The novelty has never worn off & I still get the same buzz when driving it. *smile*

The only difference as time has moved on is that I don't just drive it for the sake of it anymore. I have to be going somewhere, perhaps a blat, area meet etc or running a Daughter somewhere.

On the 21st of this month I am off touring some of the fantastic roads in Germany with another caterham & a 911. We went to Austria last year & the Alpine roads were stunning. 🥰

As you can probably tell by my lack of replies... It arrived - been out in it for a fair few hours this evening.

What can I say? Amazing, brilliant, great fun - I'm now a bonafide Caterham nut.

More info on the blog

ooohhh yyeesss - no news is definitely good news!

I've got some video to put on the blog, but there's quite a lot of wind noise in the first one, so have bought a go pro external microphone today and been out for another hour this evening testing that out... I'll put a post up once the video's are uploaded and I've done a write up.

The car is blistering though - and still only running it in. As I write there are around 120 miles on it... *wavey*

Well happy *cool*

Edited by - Roadracer1977 on 9 Jun 2014 20:10:17