Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Caterham R500 build - Friday is the day

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was beginning to think the day would never come.

Excellent news Daniel. *smile*

Are you collecting from Caterham Midlands or are they delivering to your house?

Keep us updated on your first experiences & remember, go easy on the loud pedal especially if the roads are wet.

Quoting Martin Jeffrey: 
I was beginning to think the day would never come.
You and me both Martin!

Quoting Martin Jeffrey: 
Are you collecting from Caterham Midlands or are they delivering to your house?
They are delivering it to me

Quoting Martin Jeffrey: 
Keep us updated on your first experiences & remember, go easy on the loud pedal especially if the roads are wet.
I will for sure, and yes I'll take it easy whilst running it in *cool*

Quoting Gregs79: 
Happy Days! I wonder what you will be doing this weekend then! :-)
Actually not what you may think - going up to Norfolk for a party, so weather permitting driving it there, if not it'll be stuck in the garage! *mad*

Great news that there is light at the end of the tunnel (assuming it's not an oncoming train...!) 😳

I guess any associated charges got lost within your negotiations with Caterham but what items needed rectification after the PBC?

Quoting BigCol: 
Great news that there is light at the end of the tunnel (assuming it's not an oncoming train...!) 😳
Yes cheers - very happy indeed!

Quoting BigCol: 
I guess any associated charges got lost within your negotiations with Caterham but what items needed rectification after the PBC?
There were a few bits I couldn't finish due to lack of parts so I'd managed to do 99% of the job... I've listed a few of the PBC check points on this page on my blog

Quoting Grant_7: 
Great news *thumbup* Look forward to seeing you out for a blat *cool*
Cheers grant *thumbup* likewise *biggrin*

Quoting Delbert: 
Is now the time to tell you I reversed into it last Saturday *eek*
hmmmmmm *tongue*

Quoting Delbert: 
Seriously looking good , if it's the one I think FiFi was near *cool*
cheers 😬 but am I missing something? Who is FiFi???

Also...

More updates today on the blog

Edited by - Roadracer1977 on 3 Jun 2014 16:44:45

Who is FiFi???

final finishing perhaps? If I had the technology I would show you a picture of mine at the moment. Rear ended by another caterham on Sunday (minor damage) but wing is now held on with copious amounts of duck tape & new light cluster just fitted as I'm off touring in Germany soon. *smile*

A full repair to be done when I get back as several riv nuts have pulled out.

Hi Daniel

Glad your nearly there and that the issues are being sorted .

I will be interested to see what you think of the 620R seats when you have used them for a bit . Personally I don't think they are quite as comfortable as the original Tilletts . I am going to experiment with some packing washers under the front fixings of the runners to lift the front edge a bit and see if that helps . The whole seat seems to sit higher than the originals , its a good job you have lowered floors .

Your exhaust looks super shiny , I am quite envious on that , bet you cant keep it that way !!

Quoting Martin Jeffrey: 
Who is FiFi???

final finishing perhaps?

Yes makes sense Martin *smile*

Quoting Mark W: 
I will be interested to see what you think of the 620R seats when you have used them for a bit . Personally I don't think they are quite as comfortable as the original Tilletts . I am going to experiment with some packing washers under the front fixings of the runners to lift the front edge a bit and see if that helps . The whole seat seems to sit higher than the originals , its a good job you have lowered floors .

Your exhaust looks super shiny , I am quite envious on that , bet you cant keep it that way !!

cheers Mark - I found them extremely comfortable when I test drove the 620R at Donnington way back last year. I am 6ft and 75kg's, so dunno if they were just a good fit for me, but they felt noticeably better than the standard Tillet's to me which is why I was desperate to have them

Not too sure how long I'll be able to keep the exhaust THAT shiny for *tongue*

Assuming you have the lowered floors too?

Quoting Silverback: 
Great to see the latest update with what looks like this week being the week *thumbup*

The streets of Stevenage and surrounding area will never be the same again *smile*

Still waiting on DVLA news at this end 🙆🏻

Keep in touch - I can hear Bedford Autodrome calling...

Yep , lowered floors on mine , 6ft and 82kg ........maybe it's the extra 7kg , 😬

It's not that they are uncomfortable , just not as comfortable , especially after a few hours continuous use . I think tilting them back a bit will definitely help and give some under thigh support .

Have fun , hope the paperwork does turn up .

Quoting Mark W: 
Yep , lowered floors on mine , 6ft and 82kg ........maybe it's the extra 7kg , 😬

It's not that they are uncomfortable , just not as comfortable , especially after a few hours continuous use . I think tilting them back a bit will definitely help and give some under thigh support .

Have fun , hope the paperwork does turn up .

Yes I hope so too - apparently it was due to be registered today / tomorrow - I trust Dean will ensure everything is sorted in time, I know he's not in control of the DVLA, but I think his info is from a reliable source.

Mark - have you any more pictures of your car or videos for all to see? If not for all to see - perhaps just me??? *biggrin*

I just got my registration this morning 😬

Would love to get it this weekend, but a few final bits to sort as I am financing part of the car and Oracle need the vehicle RAC approved (!) given the Sevens&Classics are fairly new to the market, aren't 'Caterham official' and don't yet have a CCL.

RAC wouldn't check it without it's registration, hence the wait ☹️

Must be next week though...surely?!

Quoting Silverback: 
I just got my registration this morning 😬

Would love to get it this weekend, but a few final bits to sort as I am financing part of the car and Oracle need the vehicle RAC approved (!) given the Sevens&Classics are fairly new to the market, aren't 'Caterham official' and don't yet have a CCL.

RAC wouldn't check it without it's registration, hence the wait ☹️

Must be next week though...surely?!

Cool - I spoke to the DVLA today too, and they said it was registered yesterday and the paperwork is in the post...

So as long as nothing goes wrong tomorrow with the final build bits - Friday is definitely the day *wink*

Don't know if you have done one of their days before, but I am booked onto the 2nd July airfield training day with Carlimits on the 2nd July...one final space was left when I booked.

Did the course a few years ago in my VX220 and was a great day.

Just saying!

Quoting Silverback: 
Don't know if you have done one of their days before, but I am booked onto the 2nd July airfield training day with Carlimits on the 2nd July...one final space was left when I booked.

Did the course a few years ago in my VX220 and was a great day.

Just saying!

Ok cheers for the heads up... I'm booked into curborough on Wednesday for one of their sprint days. So long as it's dry I'll be up there - just need to drive to Scotland and back on Monday night to get it run in... *smile*

Quoting steve m: 
You do know that these cars don't melt in the rain, don't you 😬 😬 😬
😬 yes but was going to go aero straight away - so wanted to avoid getting soaked if I can... *eek*

Quoting Silverback: 
Newbie question...Sprint day...how do you book one of those?
blatmail me and I can send you the guys contact details..