Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Not again

evotell

Yes, I know we have talked about it every way including sideways.

We are talking the BMW diif out of our SS and getting Road & Race Transmission to try and sort the clonking and back lash issues out. Has anybody had this done and what was the outcome? It must be able to be sorted, the BMW diff in SV Sigma we have just built was absolutely silent, nothing no noise whatsoever 😬

Quoting evotell: 
Yes, I know we have talked about it every way including sideways.

We are talking the BMW diif out of our SS and getting Road & Race Transmission to try and sort the clonking and back lash issues out. Has anybody had this done and what was the outcome? It must be able to be sorted, the BMW diff in SV Sigma we have just built was absolutely silent, nothing no noise whatsoever 😬

Terry, does that BMW diff have the same model Titan LSD in it that was in the R400 you sold to me? If so, the two shims in the upgrade kit you gave to me did the job in eliminating the clonking. I installed them between the Belleville washers that press on the driveshaft side gears and the casing (could also have gone between the gears and Belleville washers).

- James

Edited by - Aerobod on 27 May 2014 04:59:09

Hi James

The car in question is a 1.4 K Series, no LSD. I wondering if fitting an LSD with the uprated washers will sort the problem, however as previously said the SV Sigma we have just built had a silent diff, so it must be possible to sort this issue.