Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Quite a few springs; 1.9", 2.25", varying poundages and lengths, some FREE!

Mankee

I've built up quite a collection of springs taking up space in the conservatory, but I need to get rid of a load of them to fix my broken stub axle! So here they all are, complete with some pictures.

Before the springs, I've got some upper 1.9" spring cups and old-style lower spring platforms for the adjustable collars. There are 4x 1.9" locking rings and 2x 2.25" locking rings. New ones seem to be just over £20 a piece. Picture here. £40 the lot

Onto the springs. These are the old-style Caterham race springs, before the currently supplied Eibachs. They came with a set of M1 dampers I bought, but, combined with the dampers, they are too hard for my tastes. The rears are 215lb/11"/2.25" and the fronts are 250lb/7"/2.25". here. £40 the set

Some red springs that I originally had on the back of my car when I got it. From some measurements and calculations, they are 200lb/12"/1.9". Not pretty, but functional! Picture here. £10 the pair

Another pair of rear springs, this time 150lb/11.5"/2.25". They are touch too long for the through-the-tube dampers set up on the back of my car, as well as here. £20 the pair

The front springs that originally came with my car. Seem to calculate to give a spec of whopping 350lb/8"/1.9". It didn't drive as hard as you might think with soft-ish dampers. Pretty crusty but worked fine before removal. Picture here. £10 the pair

A pair of nearly new Faulkners that I bought at the tail end of last year and used them for two wet days at Spa. These are 250lb/5"/2.25" and were £45 originally. Virtually spotless apart from the spring ends where they sat on the platforms. Picture here. £30 the pair

A pair of Faulkner helper springs that I used with the above main springs. 30lb/4"/2.25". About £55 new for a pair. The specs and fully compressed lengths are on the D Faulkner website somewhere. Picture here. £30 the pair

A pair of 2.25" double adapters. Bought new with the 250/5" Faulkners and used them along with the helpers. £20 a pair new. Again, virtually spotless and as new. Picture here. £15 the pair

Lastly, two sets of springs given to my by another club member, Alan Bowler. These two sets are both Faulkners, with 7" free length and 2.25" ID. One set is 200lb and t'other is 180lb. It's not right for me to ask for money for them, so they are FREE if you cover the postage. And if you donate some money to NtL, I shall do the same, as I already owe tonnes of money. *idea* Picture here.

Funds will go towards an upgraded hub kit. *rolleyes* Thanks! *thumbup*

• 2 weeks later...