Click here if you are having website access problems ×

225bhp 'K' for sale

scott99

Hi, as i'm not having much look selling my mint 'W' reg 2000 S1 Elise (http://www.pistonheads.com/ads/adverts.asp?s=12) i'm getting a standard engine put back into it so that i can then sell or p/x the car. I will then be left with loads of bits that will fit an Elise and also most will be suitable for a Caterham. Any offers on a fully sorted 225bhp (will give more in a Caterham) 1.8 'k' . The engine was built with no cost spared and as far as i can make out is better than a R500 spec engine as it gives more power lower down so will be more reliable. The rev limiter is set at 8500rpm but it will rev higher. Bottom end has Arrow rods and Omega pistons etc. It will come complete ready to run including fully mapped Ecu, manifolds, throttle bodies, oil cooler, fuel pump etc. If being fitted into a caterham then i would recomend a dry sump system. Can be tested in my Elise if you are interested. Not sure if the airbox will fit a caterham but the rest will be no problem. If you want the full spec then email me. I think Dave Andrews know this engine as he had some input into it's build.

thanks

Scott

I was thinking around 5k for everything e.g. Emurald, throttle bodies, full engine, oil cooler etc. I would cost well over 8k to buy all the bits and get it built, so i think this is a good price but i'm open to offers!! Forgot to add that the car spent two days (one at emurald) getting mapped so no flat spots, will pull 4th gear from 2000rpm in my porky 750kg Elise!! The engine is fresh and should not need to be rebuilt for along time (unless used for racing!!) I have a full list of all the parts that where brought to build the engine with the cost next to it if any one is interested. You would be amazed on how things add up e.g. Arrow Rods £650 a set!! etc. The above price includes things that can be sold on for a very good price e.g. Quaife close ratio gearbox, no good for a caterham but worth £500 all day long.

Scott