Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Sigma 140 idle problems

pug7

Anyone any suggestions for my 140 sigma idling? When cold, idle drops to about 800 rpm then goes upto 2000 ish over around 1/2 second, then drops down to 800 over 2-3 seconds ands repeats. When it's warm idle is about 2000, if I adjust idle when warm to more sensible 1000 ish, won't idle cold just stops. Anyone any ideas?

Mine does that hunt when cold every now and then but generally ticks over at around 1000 so I have not bothered to do anything about it. Same spec car. Perhaps mine is slowly developing what you have. Would be interested to hear how you fix it.

This may not help but when I finished building it, the car did pretty much exactly what you describe and to fix it CC changed the throttle body on the post build check.

Quoting Pugwash: 
Mine does that hunt when cold every now and then but generally ticks over at around 1000 so I have not bothered to do anything about it.

Same issue with mine, S3 roadsport 140, also would love to know what the issue is. Will remove the TPS and clean it tomorrow and report back! Still very much an amateur with electronic fuel injection, much more use to working on outboard engines with carbs! Always have very simple solutions!

Well disconnected Ecu, map sensor and throttle body sensor left it for while, refitted ecu power on fro bit then off, connected map sensor powered it up and off same with throttle body. Then tried starting....ran perfect. Who needs factory support with blat chat, thanks chaps just a shame it's monsoon weather so it's not gone out the garage.....