Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Front Suspension & Rear Suspension

Craig

I have a 1995 Caterham long cockpit chassis. I am currently running a wide track front a-arms with Penske shocks. The rear suspension is a 1961 Ford Cortina with Penske shocks and I am running a Watts link for fore and aft movement and a spherical bearing lower a-arm.

Questions

1. Does anyone make a rocker conversion or the bits so that I convert my chassis to an inboard suspension?

2. Can or has anyone used a Mummford Link with the Watts Link?

Gary May of Freestyle used to make a 'over the top' coilover inboard set up which was a bolt on kit using either AVO or Nitron coilovers sadly Gary is no longer trading

Not seen anyone using a Mummford link for transverse location though I had been looking at a Watts linkage for live axle use in place of the A frame - either way both should be possible providing you get the mounts in the correct place.

Have Gary's (Freestyle) front inboard suspension on my car.

Memory is a bit hazy but I think it only fits 96 onwards De Dion cars with the later arrangement of front suspension mounts.

You could still buy it if you knew where to look, but if I am correct in the above you would need a new front on the chassis. Blatmail me for more info.