Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SLR bits - what's a fair price?

Jas

I have the following original SLR parts and would appreciate some comment on what would be a fair price for them.

1/ Brand new unused tonneau cover (the half cover that goes over the passenger side).

2/ Catalytic converter. Original equipment and done under 1000 miles.

I think the half covers are about 30 quid new, but could be wrong. Pretty sure you can get a full one (both sides) fitted for around 100 quid.

As for the cat', are you sure you won't need it come MOT time? Don't think I've ever seen one sold separately because most people who have had them from new end up needing them. Condition of these is also something that's quite hard to put your finger on as I seem to recall they're sensitive to storage and lack of use.

I don't know how much a cat is, but I'd be willing to let it go cheap i.e. 1/2 of whatever the new price is.

Same for the tonneau.

I'll check the new prices with Caterham next week.

Jas

ok, phoned Caterham for parts prices (incl. VAT).

It seems the tonneau is full width one (anyway I've never unrolled it, and will check before selling, but assume its a full size one).

New price tonneau = £95

New price Catalytic converter = £550

I'll sell these for 1/2 of the above price each. Buyer to collect from Kent. Does anyone want them?

The tonneau is new and unused. The cat has done less than 1,000 miles.

Jas

• 3 weeks later...